DayspringofGod

Monday, June 12, 2006

The fight in Bangor.

this is my morning mental conversation:

It's MORNING!!! Wakey wakey, rora.

-No, I don't wanna.

But there's things to do and people to see today.

-So what. I like my bed.

Your car needs a check-up, and you need to pay your phone bill, and clean the house and Denise is already awake and probably needs a ride somewhere, and I thought Clarice would have called by now, and what about your friend Lisa from Curves? Don't you want to see her today and maybe pray with her this time? Oh, and don't forget to pay that ticket of yours, you silly doof, how could you forget it in your bag without mailing it....

-Right. This is why I like my bed.

So you're just not going to deal with anything now? How about one thing...

-FINE!!! one thing. PAY-TIXX. They're supposed to be open already. Phone number, here we go- JUNK. Today they're not open until 2pm. Must be a Maine thing. Now, I have to remember not to forget to call them again

Like how you forgot to call and actually book the party you were planning?

- Yes, don't remind me. I already feel dumb enough as it is. And Mary didn't call back yet, so she still probably doesn't know, and Deb already knows, but....

Maybe if you were more organized like Denise you'd keep your life together

- Now, don't do that. I know what you're doing.

What? What seems to be the problem? Haven't you been wanting to be more like her? More like Deb? More like Heather? More like everyone else you hear about? Seriously, Aurora. What have you actually DONE lately, besides drive people around and sing and eat? What are you actually accomplishing, here, really?

- SHUT UP!! I WILL NOT keep comparing myself to everyone else around me. I WILL NOT keep sitting in the middle of confusing lists of things that need to be done, and trying to live up to the expectations of what I think other people think of me. I know that God has FIT ME for what He's asked of me, and He's called me here for a reason. Satan, GET OUT OF MY HEAD in the name of JESUS CHRIST!!! You are a liar, a thief and a robber, and I will NOT bow to your lies today or any other day.

ahh....I'm melting, I'm melting...

- PTEWWY! (*SPITS* in Comparison's face) and HA! (*STOMPS* on Expectations' head)

And it's only 11am...

1 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger sixonefour said...

seriously - would all that have been avoided if you'd gotten out of bed when the alarm went off?
(!)
loveH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home