DayspringofGod

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Asking for direction....

Life always seems more exciting when you're driving. Maybe it's 'cause you get the idea that you're going somewhere. I know lots of goood times with friends, when we were driving somewhere together. Sometimes we were going somewhere specific, (the beach, a restaurant, the gas station, a conference, a city, home) other times we were going nowhere in particular, or on the way to our specific destination would get lost along the way.

Since coming to Maine, I've needed to have other people in the car in order to get where I needed to be, because otherwise I'd be lost. I'm still needing to learn how to trust their directions, because sometimes it seems a little different than where I thought I was going in the first place, and I fight with them, trying to convince them that my way's better. But then we get there, and I realize that I had no idea where I was heading after all. (ahem, sorry Bert!)

That's the way I am with God sometimes, too. Fighting with Him on the direction my life is going, trying to force my own way, then finally being obedient and realizing my way would've taken me in totally the opposite direction after all! Slowly, I am learning to ask HIS direction instead of pushing for my own way all the time. Maybe someday I'll let Him drive instead of me....you know, "Jesus take the wheeeeel" and all that. After all, He's the one that knows what's coming, not me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home