DayspringofGod

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Thursday.

Couldn't sleep last night. No one specific in my head to pray for (see Doug's blog) just all over uneasyness through the night. Talked with Doug for hours about 'stuff' and realized we both needed prayer and then went home...what's with that? What happened to when someone needs prayer you pray? maybe that's why I couldn't sleep. Living alone is boring.

This morning: Went to Curves. Worked up a sweat, and it felt good. Sometimes you need to sweat in order to feel like you're accomplishing something.

Lunch: Chatted with Gail. She was really sweet today. No turning me 'off' like she liked to do last summer.

Afternoon: pulled apart the craft closet. It hardly seems like glamourous work, but someone needs to do it. The craft closet is currently all over the nursery floor.

Teens: I had planned to go outside but it seemed more people wanted to veg inside, so that's what we did. The corps got a new couch, so everyone was excited and impressed by the extra seating. The boys played Halo with Doug, and the girls made hemp bracelets and played Truth or Dare. It turned out to be a good thing we stuck around because Travis called, and got put on speaker phone and everyone got to say 'hi'.

Now: I am blogging. it seems like that's all I ever do these days. I am frustrated. Frustrated and tired. Frustrated and tired and bored.....time to get up and do something and find people to be with and do something with, but then again, maybe I'll just run away to Sri Lanka....no, I won't. I know there's a reason I'm here, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. ARGH. Time to get away from computers and tv screens for a while. I'm gonna go find people and be outside.

2 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger Denise said...

"So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. ALways work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless." I Cor.15:58
This includes the un-glamorous work of cleaning closets, vegging inside on a new couch with a bunch of teens, and blogging so that those teens can learn about your heart and know that its real.
We prayed for you all last night(from 2-5!! Joel chose the shift - YIKES!). Right now I pray God's comfort to pour out upon you, Aurora. You are "brilliant and beautiful."(Jesus told me!)

Just think! Soon, living alone won't be so boring(1 more week!) and you may even come to the point where you blog your heart and say "some days, I would really just like to live alone again!" Haha!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger sixonefour said...

yeah...I hear that sri lanka is really humid this time of year anyways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home