DayspringofGod

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Mannah.....good eats, even in Maine winters!

Been thinking a bit about the Bible and Jesus lately (when do I ever stop? But seriously!) Jesus calls himself the Bread of Life. And the Word of God is like food for the spirit. In the War College we have a different name for devotion times- rations. Your time spent in the Word is your spiritual rations for your day. If you go without, you will gradually get leaner...I'm up for a big fat spiritual diet! Except, somewhere along my thinking of Bible reading as rations, the word ration flipped to 'mannah'. Mannah is what got the Israelites through 40years of desert life, and taught them how to depend on God....hmmm, so reading the Bible will help me through those times of spiritual desert that I find myself in from time to time? SWEET!

There's a saying that gets tossed around here a lot, especially among officers...it's a challenge to preach the gospel "in season and out of season" (translation, even when you're spiritually dry, remember Who it is you're serving, and go for it anyway)....but the cool thing about MANNAH, is that there is no off-season, since it was a God-given miracle sustenance. The Word is life, and to a desert people, the only way to survive. So, I'm off to enjoy some Mannah now. End of thought.

2 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, Blogger Tara Ayer said...

Hi minor correction...I see we are one in the Spirit meditating on the Bread of Life today...check out Numbers 11. Those complaining, grumbling, rebellious Israelites got sick of their angel food and asked for meat. Check out my blog for more thoughts...

Love you sister!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Aurora said...

yeah, yeah....I didn't say they ENJOYED it, but it was God-given sustenance at any rate...I imagine those that survived learned something at least!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home