DayspringofGod

Friday, September 02, 2005

Transition

This is a wierd time of year....transition. I'm finding myself disassociated with my friends here because I know I'll be leaving them in two weeks. Then I'll be home, but again, only for a few weeks, then on to Bangor, but even some of the details of that are unsure still. I'm learning to trust YHWH even through the transition times. Christ's life was all about transition "I tell you the truth, the Son of Man has no where to lay his head"....I think we're all feeling it, trying to get as much time together to enjoy eachother, meanwhile there's a lot of craziness and hectic-ness around; preparing 8 new rooms in 2 new hotels for the new students, as well as relocating those of us who are still here and recleaning the rooms our friends have lived in all year to make room for the new students. There's been piles of primer, paint, vaccuuming, powdering, windex, mattresses, bedding, keys cut, many trips up and down stairs, telephone calls, cars being impounded, mouse poo, bed bug eggs, urine stains, along with who knows what else to wade through. I'm telling you, worship is DEFINITELY more than singing pretty songs once in a while. Worship is life, and life together can be worship. It seems at times that only when we realize our time is short that we start appreciating the time we have together. Amidst all the running around craziness, there have been some beautiful moments of simply appreciating my friends here, and seeing the Jesus in them shine through - I mean, seriously, how many people do you know that would praise the Lord every time they found a new pile of rodent feces to clean, or 12 mattresses that needed to be walked up three flights of stairs, and come back the next day and say "when do we start?" These guys and gals are champions! Lord, thank you for the Martyrs. Thank you for the servant's heart that says 'yes' to even the nastiest of situations! Praise the Lord.

1 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Hezza said...

Amen sister! THAT is The War College.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home