DayspringofGod

Friday, September 23, 2005

where the heart is....

I've been experiencing a bit of the 'domestic' life lately. Taking kids to and from school, making meals, housecleaning, laundry. I've been seeing a lot of old faces, too. It's good, and makes me wonder about marriage a lot. Paul says it's better to stay single, because more of your energy is spent towards Kingdom efforts. But I have seen examples of how two mission-minded people can actually compliment eachother's ministry within and through the covenant of marriage.
Does God ever make us choose between the mission field and our family? I heard a preacher say this past weak that for many of us the mission field IS the family. The question shouldn't be an either\or issue, but rather an and\as well issue. If I am living my life for Christ, that includes my WHOLE life, not just what I do from 9-5. I want my WHOLE mind, spirit AND body to be in submission to God, 24-7-365. The Kingdom of Heaven is all around me and I can choose to be a part of it all the time! Lord, let it be so for me and my house.

4 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger Gideon son of Joash said...

dude when are coming to Bangor? I need a friend...canadian friend.

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O my gosh:) Hi aurora i miss you .. i cant wait for you too come.. how long are you gonna stay ? .. as for your blog.. marrige is okay .. your not nun.. and wat better way to live for god than to preach through someone else.. if you understand me at all lol .. i cant word things exactly right .. i just hope you kno wat i mean .. i have thinking lots about god lately .. and i have been bringing others to him too .. it is such a joy to always smile and teach his ways and have others smile too .. but i am still young and still strugling.. you helped me a lot when you were here and i thank you a lot for that .. feel free to email me jellybeanhst@aol.com .. i miss you .. cant wait to see you .. you'll be here for my birthday :) its the 19th of October :) YES!.. ttus .. email me .. luvs and hugs,
C*Y*L*I*E

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Hezza said...

Did you hear that whole 'the mission field is your family' thing at the corps? Or at a women's ministry Sunday? There's definetely a shred of truth, but it's there's also a whole load of crap mixed in. Quite often that statement is offered to women as all they should be satisfied with, it's a statement that keeps them focused on their home and children, and frowns upon loving on others and missioning in your own city or province/state or even doing a short term mission trip in another country. That statement implies that it's your job to ensure the salvation and sanctification of your children. Which is a lie, because only God can draw people unto Himself - we can be good examples.
It definetely strikes a nerve with me, because at our home corps, on 'women in ministry' Sunday (it's so "important" and yet only is discussed once a year?) they always get some lady who talks about mission in the home, and they ignore the women in our congregation who have ministered in China, Russia, India and Soviet Georgia...I could go ON and ON but it just goes to show that though the Army is meant to be progressive and offer women the same opportunities as men, it doesn't come out of the pulpit when it should. Or at all.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Hezza said...

To continue - I believe the question you're asking isn't quite right...He would ask you about your priorities and whether you are consecrated to Him first...it may seem like semantics, but remember His character...He's not a punisher and if you delight yourself in Him, He will give you the desires of your heart. We just need to be delightin' in Him and the rest falls into place. Trust me. No wait - trust the Word ~ Psalm 37:4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home