DayspringofGod

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I'm reading Danielle's master's thesis for part of my MMCCXX requirements. It's about Order in Chaos.

"This century has been chock full of well ordered genocides, wars, poverty and general chaos all in a systemic and orderly fashion. So, while the modern world has been crying ‘order’ as the answer to the great problem of chaos, it has not answered well. Indeed, it has left us with all the proper theory but none of the desired outcome."

"If we desire to start things that matter and are about life in it’s fullness, and in order to go after the things that really make life worth living, then I believe we might need to start asking for Chaos to visit our lives, to visit our churches, schools, and society. We might need a little disorder for a new beginning."

SO tonight after dropping Travis off at MMCCXX headquarters for the night, I realized I'd still not returned a DVD we had rented from the weekend, so had to go back to pick it up (the house is on the way to Blockbuster anyway, so I didn't really have to go too far)...then when dropping off the DVD I see this guy walking on the side of the road in the rain and pass him by...ungh moment!....so I turn around and pick him up, and take him to the police station because his car broke down. I think I like to play rescue hero! I love those little God-incidences, don't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home