DayspringofGod

Monday, November 07, 2005

I seriously didn't intend this, but it seems that both my blogs since coming to Bangor have had something to do with food, hmm....I wonder whether that's telling of the spiritual climate around here??
My mom always liked to comfort me with food. If I did well, we'd go out for ice cream. If I had a stressful day, we'd head out for donuts and hot chocolate. If we were visiting family, our days would be divided by meal times and cups of tea.

Then I think about how other people's lives revolve around food, too. There's this missionary from Laos whose husband was jailed for preaching the gospel, so her life ever since then has consisted of gathering the children together and walking for half a day to the next town to deliver her husband a meal and then walking back home....otherwise he will starve. They don't seve meals in prison in those countries.

Or the families in Africa who wait to share dirty water, and maybe a cup of rice/day for a whole family....sometimes we forget....Lord help us to remember You and your children especially approaching Thanksgiving. Let's learn how to be truly thankful to YHWH for all the blessings He has given us in this life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home