DayspringofGod

Monday, July 04, 2005

HAPPY DOMINION DAY

Friday was Canada Day, and my Grandfather's 83rd, and my nephew's 5th birthdays, and I was in Maine for all of them. (It's okay, I got to talk to them- my grandfather and my nephew, don't know who I'd call for 'Canada'- over the phone, and sang them Happy Birthday, so that was good.)

Friday also wrapped up our VBS week...I was soooo exhausted, had no idea it would be that taxing, because the kids were actually a blast to be around. We had about 30 kids altogether, one I met at the soup kitchen, and another kid who joined us one day because he saw us playing outside while he was walking his dog. (His name's John, and we've seen him every morning this week since....Holy Spirit, open up doors for him and his parents...) One thing about taking on leadership, is that you also take on other peoples' criticism, bitterness, and basically anything else they choose to heap on you. Control and bitterness are definitely some spiritual strongholds in Bangor, but we are overcomers, and are learning to fight through it. Today was especially good in PTB. It started out rough, but then we joined together in prayer, and Christ had the victory!
Monday was my first ever fourth of July (don't ask me where I was for the other 24 of them I lived through, my mind is drawing a blank...haha!) At least, it was my first time ever CELEBRATING the fourth of July. We spent the whole day with Mary's clan, over in Deer Isle, and the sun was lovely. The guys and I played ultimate frisbee, and Michael showed himself to be just as good as the big kids, which was great! Of course, after all that running, I needed to cool off, so had a bit of fun splashing about with Brianna, Megan, and Nicole in the kiddie pool!

Yesterday back to the Family Store, sorting out the toy room...who'da thunk it would take four hours to sort through a room full of toys? (Seriously, someone should be enforcing that parents stay in that room with their kids...then again, maybe that soemone should be me, since I was the one standing there at the time!!) That brings me to today again, and God is Good, as always, but he likes to hear it, so I'll keep saying it...God is good!

1 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger YOU DONT KNOW MEEEeeee said...

its true, He's good. way gooder than me. i think my blob was about Him being GOOOOOD.
you should read it...too bad
YOU DONT KNOW MEEEeee...haha..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home