DayspringofGod

Thursday, June 30, 2005

What are we doing again?

So, we're past the halfway point with VBS now. I've been challenged lately about the whole purpose for VBS. I always thought of it as both an evangelical tool, as well as a way of equipping young people with truths that would help them grow in faith. I love seeing kids be kids. I know too many kids who have had to grow up way before their time, and too many adults who wouldn't give a child the benefit of decent conversation, delving into real questions. Why is it that we tend to shy away from hard questions with kids? Why are we so afraid to be wrong once in a while, or let someone younger than us teach US a few things once in a while? Do we think they can't overhear the hushed conversations late at night when they're supposed to be sleeping? Do we think they don't know when somethings up? Seriously, kids are more perceptive than most people give them credit for. Why do we have this compulsion when someone comes to us with a problem that we have to fix it? Maybe growth isn't necessarily found in getting all the answers right, but in sharing in eachothers' struggles.
I think God's trying to prune my always wanting to be right attitude. The thought of a "questions only" week has come to mind. 7 days where I will not speak unless it is a question, or unless my opinion is directly asked of me. (Man, this is going to be tough!)

1 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i haf a queshen...member when we lived together? thas weird...cos...
YOU DONT KNOW MEEEeee...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home