DayspringofGod

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

battle for perfection

I'm still fighting this whole thing about needing to be perfect.
Jesus tells me I'm already perfect, as I'm being made holy.(Heb 10:14)
But still I strive to be perfect.
How can you strive to be something you already are?
"If anyone is in Christ, He is a new creation"
So am I in Christ, or am I just in love with Christ?
Am I walking in full assurance of His promises, and His presence, or am I faltering in comparisons?

"Back and forth, back and forth she goes, where she stops, nobody knows"
I can hear the taunts running through my brain, and I know they are not the words of Christ. The thief comes only to steal, kill and destroy what God is doing. He comes to bring doubt, confusion, and division among the Lord's annointed. I will not allow the enemy to run me over with lies. I will not run away from him, but as a soldier will stand face to face, knowing that God is my stronghold, and His faithfulness my shield. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses, but my trust is in the Lord my God, the creator preserver and governor of all things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home