DayspringofGod

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Testimony

I kind of bailed on my testimony at grad. I didn't want to share anything personal. I didn't want to say what God had done. So now I want to give it another shot. Here. For you, my friends, family, and comrades in the fight (who are my spiritual friends and family). But first, a word of encouragement;

I asked Jesus what our session had to pass on to Holy Terror for this next season of War College, and I heard "Endurance." The Martyrs have fought together, gone through Refiner's Fire together, and come out the other side. Satan is going to try and steal the victorys from this year, and throw things in our path that we don't need to take up again. Please, comrades, warriors coming in as well as those moving on to new fronts;
"We pressed but not crushed, persecuted not abandoned;
Struck down but not destroyed;
We are BLESSED BEYOND THE CURSE for His promise will endure,
and His Joy's gonna be our strength;
Though the sorrow may last for the night,
His JOY comes in the morning...." (see 2 Cor 4:8,9)

Remember, Martyrs, that "we who are alive are ALWAYS being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal boday. So then, death is at work in us, but LIFE is at work in you!" (2 Cor 4:11,12)


Now for the testimony;
The reason I wanted to share what I heard, was because I didn't know that I heard God before this year. I knew OTHER people heard God, in the Bible, or some of my friends at times, but me? Never! The Word says "you do not have because you do not ask"....so I asked. I heard. God speaks. He speaks today, and He speaks to me. Hallelujah!

This year has been a year of much crushing; much pressing, much stretching.
Two things I learned about myself; I love to sing, and I love to love people.
I also learned that my stubbornness, my insecurity and my pride too often get in the way of loving others to my fullest potential.
I learned the importance of true community, honesty, and transparency...which in most cases, doesn't make you look very good most of the time!
I'm still learning how to see myself in SOBER judgement, not puffed up, not beat up, but a sober, honest reflection of body/soul/spirit, willing to work WITH Jesus on the flabby areas, and allowing Him to love me through the process.
It's been a year of fire, and death, and it's been good. Hallelujahweh!!

4 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Hezza said...

thank you for sharing that.
God be with you.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Rebekah Dooley said...

praise the lord :)
thanks you for sharing :)

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Tara Ayer said...

Stubborness, pride et al not only get in the way of you loving others but in others loving you. About the testimony...all I can say is, "boc, boc." (That's my version of the sound a chicken makes).

Also...I'm waiting to meet someone at Future Shop. That's where I'm working from right now...how strange is that!

Keep fighting and persevering!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Gideon son of Joash said...

For some one who doesn't like to blog you sure do a lot of it. Hallelujah The Lord speaks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home