DayspringofGod

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Turned off or turned up?

I was told I was being 'turned off' by one lady at the soup line, because I asked if she had any family in town...I guess I hit a soft spot for her. It's strange how we don't like to talk about the things that really bug us. Sometimes I'm suprised at my own inability to share things that really matter to me with people who really matter to me. I can get into huge debates with people I've just met, but the ones who know me best (and could probably help the most)I tend to shy away from....wierd.
Take Jesus, for example. He's the one man who is God incarnate. Psalm 139 says that God knew us and formed us in our mothers' womb. He knew each of our days before one of them came to be. He knows what makes us tick, because He created us to tick that way. To some, He gave the tears to cry, yet we are afraid to appear weak so we don't cry. To others, He gave the ears to hear His voice for the people, yet we clam up rather than spreading His gospel truths fearlessly. Whatever happened to "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline" 2 Timothy 1:7 (NLT) Courage, Aurora. Boldness, Aurora. Don't you know that I AM with you always?? Thank you Jesus. Now I'm ready to go out again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home