DayspringofGod

Friday, May 27, 2005

soup kitchen saints

The people who frequent our soup kitchen in Bangor are a lot different from those who come through the soup line in Vancouver. For one, most of them live in apartments, some drive their own cars, some even work. A lot of them are on disability for some reason or another, and as I introduce myself to people, generally the first thing people talk about is their health condition.

But Jesus knows each and every one of them by name. He knows their hurts, and knows what gives them joy. He knows what it is like to feel hunger, to feel pain, to feel betrayed, but He also knows what it feels like to be victorious. Jesus is the "the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead and the ruler of the kings of the earth"(Rev 1:5). He knows what it is to overcome all the junk that Satan hurls at us/me. He knows the path. He's walked it. And He's patiently waiting for us/me to follow in His footsteps.

Yesterday I chose to wallow in my own feelings. Today I choose to walk in victory.

"To him who loves us (that would be Jesus) and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father- to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen." Rev1:5,6

"To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne."-Jesus Rev 3:21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home