DayspringofGod

Monday, May 23, 2005

Welcome to Bangor!

So, it's been a while without blogging, and much has happened! Rob and Heather got married, mom spent three days in the hospital, and left healed, I switched a few time zones, got a blitzkrieg vacation with the family, and am now finally settling down in Rainy Bangor Maine. (Apparently it's not like this forever, just most of the time!) The people here are really warm, which makes up for the cold and wet feet.
Youth Councils was definitely a culture shock, but the youth here are great and I'm finding already that I like them. I'm staying with a lady named Mary and her family, and she reminds me of my mom. Danny is this big teddy-bear of a guy with a huge heart for God. Doug and Deb (aka the Majors) made us breakfast for supper, and today I met this guy named Tom from the soup kitchen who reminds me of my Grandad in a lot of ways. I think I'm on a bit of a transition overload, but it's good. God is good. Tomorrow I'll be volunteering at the thrift store to remember what working looks like. Apparently it's like spring cleaning every day. Sounds like fun.
Grace,
Aurora

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home