DayspringofGod

Monday, June 13, 2005

sorry for not repenting sooner...

I had a bit of an epiphany yesterday morning. Canadians tend to say "I'm sorry" a lot. Is it that we're apologetic, or that we want people to think we're sorry when what we're really thinking is "I'll do what I want when I want, but if you don't like it, I'm sorry."
Repentance is different from the every day "I'm sorry" bucket-o-wheatabix. Repentance is actually doing a 180-degree turn-around from the things that you know are wrong, and not doing them anymore. Hmmm....maybe I should start saying "I repent" from now on!

2 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Seeker of The Light said...

Interesting thought- I wonder what htings I say as a kind of catch-all that don't really mean what I think they do (because of my intent)?

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger YOU DONT KNOW MEEEeeee said...

im sorry. wasa wheatabix?
YOU DONT KNOW MEEEEEeeee...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home