DayspringofGod

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Charlotte---eh?

So, I arrive in Charlotte and am greeted by the entire War College!
The past two days have been an amazing refresher. The main ministry goal here in Charlotte is simple...get to know everyone's name in the neighborhood. Besides that, it's all Jesus. The 'community house' where Travis used to live, is this little house with four rooms and a bathroom. There's books, games, cards, beads, string, crayons, the internet, and a tv room with a few movies in it...and these cool little 10-second jesus cubes....I'd probably need to exlain in person, but they're fun. The community house is next to the liquor house, the place where all the adults go to drink. The house is simply a hangout place, from 3:30-6:30ish Monday to Friday, staffed by the two War College students, and Jaime and Travis, depending on their work schedules.
I am still not all that sure of what I'll be doing in this next season of my life, or where I might be doing that, but I am definitely learning a lot about who I am in Christ, and that is a pretty good starting point, for sure. One of the beautiful things about Rob and Heather and the ministry team here in Charlotte, is simply the appreciation of people for who they are, and allowing people to "just be you". After all, that's the best way for God to use you, is when you are comfortable in the skin He gave you. I like that.

3 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

New places, new (old) faces - have fun in Charlotte! (I'm assuming North Carolina???)

... I've been told the same thing! Just be yourself - that's who God's calling!

Still looking forward to seeing you... soon I hope!
love you muchly,
Kristen

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Alberta Rockstar said...

i heart you! im going to be the first familar friendly face u will see tomorrow!!! thats cool that u its all refreshing to be with ur freinds! thats pink! and i kinda think i know what ur talking about with those cubes u will have to tell me about it and i can tell u if im thinking the same thing! your great see ya later!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

You mean the 614firecrest - is that one of your Charlotte friends? I did wonder... They commented on me - that's how I found them!
See you soon!
~k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home