DayspringofGod

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

SYATP

See You At the Pole was today. I got to the school the same time as Jerrica pulled up with Cylie and Cory in her car, and hung out in the hallways as kids started showing up. Then we went out to the Flagpole for 7:30am....and were the only ones there. I was completely unprepared to 'lead' the time, so it was really akward, but I think the point was that we showed up....still it frustrates me that yet another chance to connect with other pastors in the city seemed to be an utter failure......so frustrating!! But Praise the LORD, Herbie, Jerrica, Olivia, Alice, Sam and Sam's friend showed up. I brought my guitar, but didn't bring it out. I think that would have helped with all the distractions of other friends walking by, to just get into some worship out there. I mean, I was totally distracted, and it wasn't even my friends or teachers walking by. I feel so often like I'm letting God get boring, even though I know He isn't. .....but they keep showing up....that's what Denise always tells me!....so I must be doing something right.....God knows my heart better than I do.

8 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN GREAT TO HAVE LEAD A WORSHIP TIME AT HE POLE TIME TO BE BOLD BE STRONG BROUGHT OUT YOUR GUITAR AND JUST PRAISE THE LORD WITH THE ONES THAT DID SHOW UP PRAISE THE LORD FOR THERE WILLINGNESS TO SHOW THERE FAITH IN THE REAL WORLD DRL

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN GREAT TO HAVE LEAD A WORSHIP TIME AT HE POLE TIME TO BE BOLD BE STRONG BROUGHT OUT YOUR GUITAR AND JUST PRAISE THE LORD WITH THE ONES THAT DID SHOW UP PRAISE THE LORD FOR THERE WILLINGNESS TO SHOW THERE FAITH IN THE REAL WORLD DRL

 
At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my senior year i went to see you at the pole it was a pretty big circle it was surpriseing and good. there was home schooled kids and other pastors and it helped me connect with a girl suzie who was so on fire for Jesus it was a cool experience....its sad to hear noone else went...theres gotta be more jesusfied peeps in that school, cuz when i thought there was none, there were some, so i hope the teens can scout them out and get to know them some how, but yay for you guys getting up and going....i was a punk and pressed the ignore button on my phone when my friend called to wake me to go....welp PTLH for going and being bold out there today!

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

... you'll have to pardon my ignorance... what kind of a pole are you meeting people at... and why???? Sorry - Just don't get it....

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Aurora said...

The flagpole in front of their high school. Every year there's one morning set aside for christians from any denomination to come together and pray in front of their school. Every school has a flagpole in front of it, so it's an easy meeting place for everyone to remember. That's all.

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Victory of the People said...

ill see you at the pole...hahaha

anyways, aurora - i dont know if it is possible for you to make God boring - you are aurora, everything is fun with you

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

knock, knock....

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger I Believe We Shall Win said...

Wow! That's so rad! I'm so proud of our kids! Like that makes me excited to hear that they were the kids that showed up. That means the corps is making a difference in the kids of Bangor. Think if the corps wasn't there. Nobody would have showed up! If nobody shows up, there is no more see you at the flag, one less chance for Jesus at school. Anyways, I'm proud. That makes me feel really good!

By the way, hi Aurora! Tell all the kids I say hi! And give me Herbie's adress so I can write him or something. Thanks!

Joel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home