DayspringofGod

Friday, March 10, 2006

lies

So I found some old poetry I had written.
One was about me mooning over some guy I had seen on the bus, and the other was about a few different guys I have 'mooned' over the course of my life. ('Mooned' as in had a romantic interest in, not 'mooned' as in bared my bottom to the world.)
At any rate, I found these poems, and what came through loud and clear was this self-defeating "you're not good enough" attitude through all of it.
I am slowly working through the lies that I have been believing ever since I was a little girl that I was too fat, too clumsy, too poor, too messed up to ever be of any use to anyone.
I've had a few well-timed emails reminding me of the lies of the Enemy, and the way he can weedle his way into our insecurities to make us numb, or hard, or depressed, or apathetic to the things that God wants to accomplish in and through us as a people of faith.
I think of all the worship songs and psalms that remind us:
"Let the weak say I am strong"(2 Cor 12:10, Joel 3:10)
"Yahweh lifts the needy from the ash heap" Psalm 113:7 (NKJV says 'dung pile', and we all know what that smells like, right?!)
"Don't store up for yourselves treasures on earth...."(Matthew 6:19,20)
Lord, help me to be more like you.

2 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

You are beautiful and wonderful and kind. You are not just what you have done or the environment around you, but you are loved by God – Unconditionally. My only thought – Bring these thoughts to God in prayer. Hand them over to him that knew you before you were born, who knit you in your mothers womb. He loves all of you – even the parts you don’t.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Aurora said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement, ladies! You are both dear to my heart. I'm really lifted up by your words along with others' I've been in contact over the past few days...what started out as uncontrollable emotion is starting to divide into truth and lies, and I am so blessed to have so many women (and men) in my life that are listening to God on my behalf. Thank you for your prayers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home