DayspringofGod

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Rest

Ever since coming to Bangor I've been sleeping in a lot. The first instinct I had was to feel guilty for wasting time, but then I was reminded about the command to 'REST'. Now, I don't plan on sleeping my life away, but it is an interesting thing to switch from alarm clocks and schedules, to allowing yourself to wake up when your body tells you it's ready to wake up. Other days I've not been able to sleep because my mind kept on racing, or God brought something or someone to mind that I needed to pray for.
The world would like to tell us that we need to push ourselves to stupid measures in order to fulfill a task list, and once we learn to accomplish that list of tasks, than we can add more tasks to that list in order to learn to be more efficient. Re-learning how to rest reminds us that we are human. We are not computerized task-masters, created to facilitate a single function, but are social creatures complete with emotional, spiritual, and physical needs.

"Come unto me all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest" Matthew 11:28

6 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

sleep? What's that?? :-)

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Aurora said...

yeah, maybe that's part of what this was all about! God actually commands us to REST at least once a week....crazy!

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your times of rest, Aurora. YHWH seems to have those times set apart for a reason- I think of Elijah and the angel giving him food and drink for the journey he was about to make. "Cast all your cares on Him, for He cares for you..." He really does. I do too. Love you.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Soulpadre said...

i'm so glad you finally heard that command---peace, remember Elijah!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger - Servant of God - said...

I miss u man!! It's good to hear whats going on with you! keep us posted!

Love ya

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Rebekah Dooley said...

miss u horribly :D
blessing to you sis
have a holy christmas and happy new year :D

continually to press in and draw close to god and he will draw near to you. love you sis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home