DayspringofGod

Friday, July 29, 2005

Ambition...none but the Lord's!

I just got into this question of ambition on another blog, and it's something that's probably really good to get into here, too....
"When do you put personal ambition ahead of your family? Do you ever? What if your personal ambition is God-related and you know in your heart that's what He has for you, but you don't know when?"

After re-reading the question, I'm starting to wonder whether it was more of a hypothetical one. Still, I don't think personal ambition should ever EVER come before your family, even if it's God-related. The Church (and by that I mean the people who make up the Body of Christ) has brought a lot of crap into the world "in the name of" God. It seems we would rather try to make God fit into our agenda than learning how to fit our life into God's agenda for the salvation of the world. (Give credit to Steve here...your thought, I adopted it! Thanks, by the way!) I don't want to make any decisions that are merely God-related. I want God to be so much a part of my life that it's HIM doing the directing me, and me learning how to follow Him better.

Take Bangor, for instance. God put me here, and is keeping me here. I don't really have all the reasons sorted out, but I'm trusting Him that this is good, and He's assuring me that it is. At the moment I don't have anything fixed to keep me here, no firm job offers, no apartment, no family, no roommate, no visa even, but I'm trusting Him that this will be another step to grow my faith and another opportunity for God to remind me of His faithfulness....I'm stretching my faith muscle, so to speak! (Thanks, Danielle!)

1 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger YOU DONT KNOW MEEEeeee said...

ambition? sounds fun. but, yeah- i dont know. i think it sort of depends- imagine this: you have a little sister (about 18 months younger than you) who has 2 years left of high school; now, you've been there her whole life, and all of the sudden you're leaving. then, when you're sposed to be coming home she's going through a really rough time and then you decide, nope, im not ready to come home.
or...you have another sister who is a few yrs older than you who is really struggling with something and you could help her, but nope- youre not coming home.
now, these arent really "personal ambitions" me wanting to stick around and be a better person, its living in gods plan. so...i dont know. but, is this coming before family? and i guess it would be different if i had a husband and kids. but, at the same time i always say ill never have a house or steady job...is that putting personal ridiculousness before family?haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home