DayspringofGod

Sunday, July 17, 2005

today

I preached today. I don't think I'm a preacher. But God is good, and the people of Bangor are forgiving and gracious, or at least they'd better be!! I don't live to please man but God. I think the problem with my preach was that I haven't lived up to it yet. It was about hearing from God and making excuses not to follow Him. Most days I'm still making excuses. Today I was making excuses. Once in a blue moon I'll obey what I'm thinking is from God, and it turns out to be good, but I still have trouble TRUSTING that He will DO WHAT HE SAYS...why is that, I wonder??

3 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i convince myself that it wasnt god. or that ididnt hear anything. sometimes i ignore his voice altogether. im not a preacher either. and its funny, i have a longing to preach. i just cant. when it comes down to it- i cant. like, its weird. i need passion, i think. just an uncontrolable passion thats errupting out of me. reckless abandonment, yknow?
anyhoo- didnt someone say if youre going to preach a sermon that doesnt convict you first, you shouldnt preach it? so, you probably did good.

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Aurora said...

Here's one of the quotes I used from Catherine Booth;
"Begin by praying Him to show you how, and to equip you for the work and begin a humble, teachable spirit."

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Jerrica said...

hey Aurora i wasn't in the chapel but i was listening from what i heard u did good... well gtg byebye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home