DayspringofGod

Thursday, December 07, 2006

the countdown begins...

Four more days until I no longer live in Bangor....funny, I don't feel like I'm leaving, though!
Today we held a memorial service for Ken Cassidy. Very informal, just some good-hearted sharing of memories with friends and two of his children, who are amazing individuals, by the way.
Yesterday was our corps Christmas party, and tomorrow I'll be taking some gifts to seniors for Christmas- another ministry I'm suprised to say that I love. One of the first ladies I saw when I went out last week grabbed my arm and asked me if I could come back and visit with her again. Her name is Edith. So many lonely people, and all they want is someone to listen to them, to be a friend. It's really not hard, just sit yourself down in a room and let them tell you their life story. You'll be suprised the things you learn about life and God and yourself in the middle of all that. Much love, friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home