DayspringofGod

Friday, April 14, 2006

"I Know"

I like to argue. I always have. I've always thought I 'knew' all the answers, and was frustrated when people wouldn't tell me I was right, or wouldn't listen to my precious jewels of insight.
When I was a kid, and my mom tried to tell me something, I'd always interrupt with an emphatic "I know." If my brother tried to tell me how to sweep the floor, explaining it over and over again, I'd sit there nodding, "I know. You told me already yesterday." But I think the main thing of that was that although I may have theoretically known how to sweep a floor properly in my head, or known that if you run around in the grass barefoot it's possible you might step on a bee and get stung, that didn't stop me from doing the thing I wanted when I wanted how I wanted.
The thing is, arguing your own way and saying things like "I know" can go ignored for a little while if you're a kid, or if you have something that's incredibly important to say. But I often fall into the trap of arguing just for arguments' sake. That's not a good thing. Learn to pick your battles, Aurora....yes, some precious jewels of wisdom maybe I should take to heart once in a while!
My mom's visiting for Easter. (Totally loving the late night chats and tea and overall niceness of living with another person again, if only for three days!)I got an eyebrow piercing. (It hurt. Heidi held my hand. Bert laughed.)Enough about me. Time to celebrate Jesus.

3 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for Aura!
LoveHWrighteous

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Denise said...

We can do late night chats and tea this summer!!! Well, only if you want. ;)

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Aurora said...

Thanks for the comments, friends. I find them very encouraging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home